Thursday, January 31, 2008

Exhaustion...

is what I am feeling today. Yesterday, my children had a snow day. Mostly because we were supposed to get more snow overnight. We didn't. But we were again getting dumped on this morning when I got up. And it was drifting, and just was insane. To make matters worse, my 5 year old child woke up, came into my bed to lie down with me, and said, "Mom, I want Tina"

Tina is my very good friend. She and I are so much alike. And she loves my children like her own, and I feel the same about hers. Tina watched my young brood last night while I went with my oldest daughter to a church activity. Tina put my kids to bed since I was still going to be gone. And my five year old had a difficult time. And Tina went and lay down with her and talked to her about what was bothering her and gave her the one on one attention she was needing right then. So, Tina was still here when Jane fell asleep, and I guess she was expecting that Tina would still be here when she woke up. But anyway..

So, she told me she wanted Tina, which was fine, but it still makes you feel bad as a mother to have the first thing your child says to you in the morning is that she wants someone else... But I was fine with it after a while. The morning was just exceptionally bad, with meltdowns (actually not from Alex this time) and one child threatening to run away because he was disciplined for swearing... UGH... So, anyway... It's just been a very tiring day. And I need a vacation. And maybe a med adjustment...

No comments: