Thursday, January 1, 2009

Christmas 2008







Christmas this year was fun. And seemed more meaninful than usual. My mother and father-in-law showered my kids with gifts that they loved, and my own parents, who usually don't buy material gifts for my kids also sent things. It was wonderful, and I felt really happy, which is unusual for me most of the time due to the stress of my responsibility.

It was just peace, even amidst the chaos of tearing off the wrapping paper from their gifts. The release of not having to manage the situation... the rememberances of Christmases of my youth. It just made me really happy.

It is so great to have inlaws I love so much, who treat me with respect.

ANYWAY... I digress... My husband's parents were over last night to play cards, and my FIL got on me because there weren't any pictures of the kids on my blog. SO, I need to correct that :) So I am going to add some pictures of Christmas, when the kids opened their gifts.

My apologies, I know one is sideways, and I couldn't figure out how to fix it... But do you see the joy on those faces? I sure love these little punks :)

4 comments:

Candice said...

LOL! Oh my gosh! It took me a minute to figure out that that was Brenden! I thought it was Jordan at first. He has changed so much! The kids look really happy! Hugs!

April said...

Dang...Mason is a mini Shad! LOL

Alexandra Lundgren said...

April beat me to it, I was going to say the same thing!!!

Frisbies Forever said...

Wow! Such cuties!