Friday, March 6, 2009

Class I'm taking

I am taking a parenting class through the church. I really am enjoying it. I missed the first four, I think, but it's a 10 week course, so I started going a little late. Anyway, the instructor is phenomenal. I really like her. I always wanted to be a mom, from the time I was a very little girl. I've also been very bad at it, in my own opinion. I mean, I'm not beating them or anything. But I'm just not good at being a good mom. I am overly critical, and have very high expectations of them. So this class has been good for me, more because it works on issues that I need to work on as a person, not just as a mother.

And the changes have been small, and gradual. And in some cases, mildly painful. But there have been changes. And I am really grateful for that.

2 comments:

Frisbies Forever said...

Sometimes the darkly let glass of perspective illuminates quickly, it always comes with a few tears for me. Don't be overly critical of yourself either. You have one of the most sensitive hearts too, be it guarded. Being a good parent is also loving your children, and you have that down to a tee! Growth is always a good thing. I am so proud of you and your willingness to grow! Most people would just sit and complain. You are a pioneer and tackle it by the horns. You go girl!!

Melzie said...

Sometimes when I watch N or listen to myself as I speak- I wonder... I feel like I'm a horrible mom- maybe I push him too hard, expect too much... a class via church sounds awesome. Very awesome...