Monday, March 3, 2008

keeping up with demands

So, my son, Mason is 3 1/2. And he has a drinking problem. Milk, to be specific. We just can't get him off the sauce. And it interferes with his normal daily activities. So, tonight, when he had a poopy diaper (yes, I know he's 3 1/2 but we think he has autism, and it won't be long before he's ready, so, no advice on this, please) and was asking for milky, he was told by my dh that he needed to have a diaper change first.

Well, this did not sit well with him at ALL, but after much protesting, he asked my oldest dd to change his diaper. And she did.

And when he was done, he stood up and said with a certain air of authority, "Daddy, you need to gimme some milk. Time's UP!"

I wasn't in the room, but I heard it and I could imagine him with his little hands on his hips telling his daddy it was time for some milk.

Oh, the demands of parenthood....

1 comment:

Frisbies Forever said...

My son isn't autistic, just hard-headed and doesn't believe he can poop in the potty. He only likes to pee. The rest of the kids were excited about it. He is not. Isn't that weird?