Sunday, March 2, 2008

Some cards

I am on a group called Card Cafe. The swaps are small, you make two cards, and you mail them as if you were mailing to a friend, and it works awesome! Because it's a challenge, but it's not overwhelming...

And it gets me using my stuff, which I NEED. So.. I have made some cards recently for the swaps, and I am uploading them here.

First... for the Cutting the Cake swap:


I used Bazzill Bling for the tiers, Stickles for the base "frosting" and around the tops of the tiers, a heart button for the cake "topper" and ribbon. The paper background is Chatterbox. Congratulations is stamped in Platinum by Cat's eye chalk ink. The stamp is CTMH, from a graduation set that I don't know the name of.. :)






Next is the color challenge. This STRESSED me out, because the two cards I am making are going to people whose work I LOVE. Courtney, and the list mom, Judi. The rub was, you don't know what the color was going to be until the partners for the swap were assigned. So I freaked when I found out it was purple and yellow. I was scared to death... But I think it turned out ok. I mean, it is purple and yellow...



So, the card base is cream colored cardstock, and the yellow is out of a pack of pastels that I purchase at Rite Aid YEARS ago. The stamp is D.O.T.S ( I know, they aren't even called that anymore...) QUIZ: What company is DOTS now? :D Flower I think is by prima, but I am not sure, it was given to me. The paper under the torn part is just a handmade paper. And the image is stamped in Eggplant Envy (SU!) on purple bazzill. The yellow had white lines going through it, which I had to stickle, because I am addicted to stickles now. It's not my favorite, but I didn't think it was too bad... that was a hard one for me..

Next is the Spring showers swap. Anything related to spring showers. So, I used my new SU! set called "A Little Birdie Told Me"

I am going to add a puddle down by the birdie feet, and some stickle raindrops to the umbrella. But I am too lazy to scan it again after I do it... Anyway... here it is..

The paper was from a stack, I have no idea where it came from or who made it. It was 6x6 sheets. And I stamped the images on that paper, a coordinating stripe, and then a green that I thought matched. I then stamped the images again on blue bazzill. I cut out the body of the birds, and the umbrella off the patterned papers, and adhered them to the stamped images on the bazzill. Then I printed my spring quote on yellow bazzill and added a bit of blue ribbon. I LOVE this set. I am really excited about it! So, anyway, I liked how it turned out pretty well.




The last one is a Rhyme and Rhythm swap. The idea was for us to use a nursery rhyme or poem as the main focus and then use that to design our card.

Here is how it turned out...
I used an image from the Rusty Pickle Old Fashioned Valentines paper, backed it on a rust colored cardstock, printed the nursery rhyme on kraft cardstock, cut it out like a tag and stapled a turquoise colored ribbon to it. Then I used a piece of the DCWV Luxury Stack, dry embossed it with a SU! brass template called Priceless, and then used brown textured CS on the bottom. I love it! It's my favorite one, because it's not typical. The nursery rhyme I used was:
There was a little girl who had a little curl right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very, very good, but when she was bad she was horrid.
DH said that it should say when she was bad she was better. I was like, WHO taught you that??? Apparently it was his grandfather. I said, that's along the same lines as the rhyme you wanted me to use earlier that started, "there once was a man from Nantucket...."
Noddy, noddy boy.

3 comments:

Alexandra Lundgren said...

You over achiever you~! I only just saw the color and assignments today!!! Guess I am just jealous that you are already done when I don't even have ideas yet :)

WTG girl!

Mary said...

Your cards are beautiful and I'm certain Courtney and Judi will love them! Mary

Frisbies Forever said...

I wish I was that creative.