Saturday, March 8, 2008

So,

I did some more stuff. I promise. But it's out in the garage, and I am cold and exhausted, and I don't really want to walk my butt out there to take pics of it. Is that bad? I promise it's almost done. I painted the base boards and the door a high gloss white. Well, I painted half the door. The other half needs to be done. But the door frame and base boards need a second coat. I am trying to get the energy to do them tonight. Because if I do, that means I can put them on tomorrow. But I think I am going to shower, and get clean, and then work on it some more tomorrow. I know it's Sunday... But I just have to get this done... OH, the dilemma...

Which brings me to a small piece of advice. When we built our house, we had the option to do two tone paint, which means they paint every thing the color we picked, and then they do a high gloss white on the doors and base boards. And it really made me angry that they were going to charge us $1800 if we picked this option. Because what they do is take the doors and paint them in the middle of the living room before they lay the carpet. And they paint the base boards the same way, before they are put on.

So, if you want to do it yourself, it's back breaking and horrendous, but will only cost you the amount of the paint and supplies. If I had it to do over again, I would have made them do it instead of being pissed off about what a rip off it is. Because it would have been well worth the $1800. I just didn't know it at the time.

1 comment:

sara :) said...

We want pictures!!!!!