Thursday, February 14, 2008

Five years ago


this month, I got a marriage proposal. This man, whom I'd met a year earlier when I was great with child, and newly divorced. This man who was afraid to love again. Afraid to trust.


He helped name my unborn baby, calling her by the name I had been debating, and sealing that name as hers.


When he asked me to marry him, I was thrilled! I knew it would be hard, but had no idea how hard. He has been worth every minute. This great man, who chose to love me above any other was my rock. He still is. He's gentle and kind. He's funny and sarcastic. He values me when I can't value myself. He is the love of my life. (sucker!) And because I am really bad about saying what I feel when it exposes my soft gooey center, and because music touches both of us, I have a song that pretty much sums it up. And, it's by an 80s hair band..what could be better? I am pretty sure this song is in my stand alone player, so if you want to hear it, use the control on the side bar to find the song, and click on it. (I now have to go check and make sure this is the case, but I will put it on there if it's not already, cuz it's awesome)


Shad, I love you. You are everything to me, and I don't ever want to be without you. You're stuck for eternity, baby. :)



Love of a Lifetime

FireHouse


I guess the time was right for us to say
We'd take our time and live our lives together, day by day
Make a wish and send it on a prayer
We know our dreams can all come true with love that we can share

With you I never wonder, will you be there for me?
With you I never wonder, you're the right one for me.

I finally found the love of a lifetime.
A love to last my whole life through.
I finally found the love of a lifetime.
Forever in my heart, I finally found the love of a lifetime.

With every kiss, our love is like brand new.
and every star up in the sky was made for me and you.
Still, we both know that the road is long.
We know that we will be together, because our love is strong.

I finally found the love of a lifetime.
A love to last my whole life through.
I finally found the love of a lifetime.
Forever in my heart, I finally found the love of a lifetime.

I finally found the love of a lifetime.
A love to last my whole life through.
I finally found the love of a lifetime.
Forever in my heart, I finally found the love of a lifetime.

Ooh, forever in my heart, I finally found the love of a lifetime.



Happy Valentine's Day to my lover and my best friend. I am so in love with you and looking forward to the rest of forever with you.

I love you.

2 comments:

Melzie said...

SARAH!!!!

Dancing with glee-- hey there stranger :)

Jennifer said...

I knew it...you really are just a big mushmellow inside! ;)