Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Support...

It's a wonderful thing. So, I went to a friend's blog. You know that list of links on the left side of my blog that says: Blogs I try to keep up with on a regular basis? Well, I really DO try to keep up with them daily. And if I have updated my blog, you can bet I have looked at those. I may not comment, but I do read.

1st off, let me give a hearty congrats to MARY! She is getting married!! ROCK ON GIRL!

Ok. Now that I got that off my chest. (sorry, ADD again)

I have a friend who knows me well. She's known me for a long time. And she loves me. In spite of my imperfections... Maybe even because of them. I met her at girls camp when I was 12. And we were buddies from the start. We had a few rough patches here and there... but when I needed her, she was there. I hope I was there for her, too... but even now, when I need her, she is there. So when I opened her blog, the title jumped at me. It said: "For Sarah"

And I read this quote:


"Courage doesn't always roar.
Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
'I will try again tomorrow.'"
~ Mary Anne Radmacher


SO, thank you Connie, for being there for me. For being willing to skip school and drive to Iowa City with me (even though it backfired.)

For letting me crash and supplying me with diapers and pregnant person pjs when I have a bipolar "I am going for a drive in minneapolis and ended up in waterloo with my two boys, my pregnant self, and no change of clothes" moment.

For crying with me when I lost my first baby girl, even though when you lost yours, I avoided it because I didn't know what to say. If I had only known what that felt like at the time....

For the research on IEPs and 504s and letting me vent about the school and their failings with my special needs child.

For listening to a still, small voice that makes you aware of what I need when I need it. Especially when there are those who say they are my friends, yet tell me I am crazy, and judge me for it.

For forgiving me for not keeping in touch better. And not throwing it in my face that we haven't seen each other since said bipolar road trip....

For understanding me and loving me anyway.

And for the quote for me that was unannounced and simple and spoke volumes to my heart.

I love you, my dear sweet sister. You are always in my heart and my prayers.
W

1 comment: