Sunday, February 10, 2008

I love my children

except that sometimes I don't like them very much...

I know that sounds terrible. But I sometimes just have the hardest time being the mom. I am not good at it. And I second guess myself all the time. And, I remember doing things as a kid that our parents told us not to, like walking on the roof of the chicken coop, etc. BUT... we never did wide systems damage to our house like my kids do. I swear.

So one of my children at some point turned the thermostat upstairs to 70 and put it on cool instead of heat. No problem right? Yeah, except for yesterday the sun actually came out and warmed things up enough that it kicked on the A/C. And got the system all going, and then it froze. Which meant we had no heat. Because it froze up to the coil, which is close enough to the blower that it blocked any air movement. So, we had ice on the wall inside the house, even though it was 57 in here.

So, we had to put in a call, and the very nice man from TML told us to give it some time to thaw out and to try it again at 4 p.m. If it didn't work then, he would come out and look at it.

Well, thank HEAVEN it worked. So, at about 4:15, the phone rang, and it was the service guy from TML, checking in to make sure it was working. I was VERY impressed, because we were supposed to call him if it wasn't working, so when 4 p.m. came and went, he called US. AWESOME!

And the furnace is working again... I wish I could say the same for my meds... :D

No comments: